Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring Break

My spring break was enjoyable.  Actually, thinking about it, I didn't really do that much.  What I did do, however, was either very fun or very productive.  At the very beginning of my break, I decided to get organized and make a homework schedule for the whole rest of my break.  I felt that this work would all have to get done by the end of break, so I could either do it all in one day at the end of break, or make it a whole lot easier on myself and split the work up to a tolerable amount per day.  Then, after my work was done each day, I could have some fun and relax.  This relaxation would involve video games or hanging out with friends.  Also during this time, my mom forced me to help her with some spring cleaning.  Also, I had to help her with packaging of jewelry for her polymer clay jewelry business.  Being incredibly awesome, my dear friend Hannah offered her assistance in these two tasks. This made both much much more tolerable.  We cleaned things that I never thought could be clean.  Our biggest project was scraping off my stove.  Ever since my family moved to the house that I live in currently, the stove has had this black layer of gunky stuff on it.  With some elbow grease and hours of scraping with the back ends of silverware, we cleared off this layer.  It was a long, grueling, and disgusting task, but we were determined to succeed.  After the job was finally done, we went to Coldstone Creamery and ate some absolutely fantastic ice cream.  Overall, it was a fun and productive day.  It was really surprising how fun it ended up being cleaning my house.

Near the end of break, my aunt from the Chicago area came to visit my mom and do jewelry for a couple days.  She brought with her some Italian beef from the amazing restaurant Portillo's.  I ate so much beef over the next couple days, yet I didn't ever grow tired of it.  Overall, it was a great visit with my aunt.  This whole break was different from any others that I have had in the past, but I loved it.  I would gladly do it all over again.        

No comments:

Post a Comment