Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tasty Terrific Pasta

WOW! Just thinking about the best food that I have ever eaten my mouth is watering, my palms are sweating, and I am being driven insane. It was so incredibly delicious, and I got to eat it for several days straight. I'm going to have to go get it again as soon as possible...

But I digress. The BEST food that I have ever eaten is the baked Mac 'n' Cheese at the Manhattan Diner in New York City, New York on 77th and Broadway. It is SO GOOD, anyone who even gets within 10 feet of it will be an addict for life. It's wondrous aromas swarm the nostrils and entice all to order it. The dish is made with 5 gourmet cheeses with a fsixth baked cheese forming a crispy and delicious layer on the top. When I had this meal several years ago (My first time in New York City) I was interested in being a chef for my career. This dish furthered my interest in the career with its incredible, ridiculous, and amazing awesomeness.

And here is the story of how the dish hit my mouth. It was my first time in New York, I have said. We arrived by plane to a rainy, dreary city. After retrieving all of our luggage, we found a van cab to take the family to our hotel, On The Ave. New York, also on 77th and Broadway. We were all hungry, tired, and affected by the gloomy weather. Luckily, there was a quaint looking diner directly across the street from the hotel, the Manhattan Diner. We entered the diner, tongues hanging out of mouths, and saw an incredibly large amount of pies in refrigerators lining all of the windows. As we sat down, I smelled on of the most incredible smells of my life. I asked the waitress what it was, and she said that it was the 6 cheese gourmet baked Mac 'n' Cheese. I ordered that. I awaited as patiently as possible, mouth watering. When it arrived in its rather large large dish, the bubbling cheeses invited me to take my first bite. OH MY! AHHHHH. WOOWWWW! THIS IS INCREDIBLE! Needless to say, it was amazing. The gooiness of the concoction was seen just as I stuck my fork through the top layer. When I took the first bite, though, it was one of the richest yet most tasty things that anyone will ever eat.

The rest of the meal was a blur. I remember topping the meal off with my first real New York Cheesecake and tromping back up to the hotel room feeling quite a bit like a small herd of elephants. It was so worth it. Wow. And I ate it for several days to come, because it was so UNDENIABLY the best thing that I had ever eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment