Thursday, March 18, 2010

Favorite Car

I am quite a big fan of my 1997 Honda Civic EX. It is the first car (not a truck or a van) that my family has had since the early-mid nineties. This car possesses such features as a sun/moon roof (opens both ways), cup holders, a non-stock radio, and many other very nice additions. We initially bought the car as a birthday present to me. Over the summer, my brother and I shared the vehicle quite well. We took roadtrips together, and switched off usage while we were at home. When the school year started, we were faced with the problem of who would keep the car. My brother, off to college, loved the car every bit as much as I did. Also, we can both agree on how much we HATE the other vehicle that we would get, a 1999 Dodge Dakota. This truck is an absolute piece of junk. It is a gas-guzzling, road-hogging, dinosaur of a truck. I honestly feel like I am going to die every time I get into the truck. Along with all of this horribleness, the car is known for not starting in very needed situations. One time the truck even died WHILE I WAS DRIVING IT. It was one of the most terrifying moments of my life.

I digress... My brother took one for the team and drove the truck to school. I was left with my favorite car ever, and I was very happy about that. The months went by, and my brother was finally fed up with the truck. My parents decided that they were tired of driving an hour and a half at least once a week to pick up my brother after the truck died on him. I now have the truck, and I live in constant fear that it will die on me again. I count the days until my lovely car will be returned to me.

Oh, right. And my dream car is one of these http://www.teslamotors.com/design/exterior_colors.php

No comments:

Post a Comment