Sunday, March 14, 2010

Imagery of Nature

Set the scene: A forest. Green all around. Many shades. Morning light streaming longingly down through the canopy high above. The rays fall about all along the forest floor. Strewn all around the dewy ground are various species of leaves, logs, and creatures. Many, many creatures. Thousands or them. They crawl all over everything! Look closer! Do you see them?! No? They are everywhere! How can you not see them?! You must not be looking very closely, for I see them everywhere. Look at that little guy. The beetle, right there... On that log. He looks so lonesome. I wish he could have some little beetle friends. They could go beetle clubbing, they could start a little beetle-sized band. That would be great. HE LOOKS SO NICE, DOESN'T HE?! Why shouldn't he have friends? He just crawls around. He's nice to everyone. Did you see what he just did?! WOW! He just did a little beetle-sized flip. Does he have a home? I hope he has a home. A nice little beetle house. A nice little beetle family. A nice little beetle wife. That would be the best. Don't you think it would be? I do. Wow. He is so fascinating! I like him. A lot. What a curious little beetle!

HEY! Look! A stream! Right over there. I bet it has fishies in it. Don't you like fishies? Eating them, you say? Preposterous! How could you eat such a fine little guy. Look at him. Look at the muscles in his tail. What coordination he possesses. Look at how fast he swims along. I wonder if he plays and fishy sports: fish football... Do fish have feet... no... tailball? Maybe he's the star in the NTL. A regular Peyton Manning, this one. He should be in sports, if he isn't. He's quite the athlete, this guy. I hope he keeps up his swimming forever. Such a beauty.

Time to leave the woods, you say? Must we? I really don't want to. I want to live here. Can I live here, mommy? It's so beautiful. The little guys can be my friends. They'll take care of me. I'll brush my teeth every night and even go to bed early. How does that sound? Can I stay? Please? No. That makes me sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment