Monday, March 15, 2010

GoogleSites: Emily Dickinson Project

I think that the concept of this project is quite ingenious. Rather than just writing several essays analyzing Dickinson's work, we will become totally immersed in her life and works in creative venues. Probably the most creative part of the project for my group is the song that we will be writing for the "How did Dickinson's Life Effect her Writing Style" portion of the project. This song will be biographical of Dickinson's life and then tie the biographical info into how it affected her writing. For example, we may include information about the letters that Dickinson wrote to her friends. These letters were often written about death or other such subjects and her views on these subjects. This topic translated itself over into her poetry quite often. As you can tell, this information is quite boring stated as I just have. For this reason, writing a song about it will seem much more interesting and creative to whatever audience may be listening to it. I don't know about others, but if something interesting, such as random trivia, is set to music, I will remember it more. Also, I marvel at how awesome songwriters are. They get the point across all while fitting certain rhythms or rhyme patterns. Who knows, maybe someone will marvel at how AWESOME I am for once. HOORAY FOR CREATIVITY!

The project will also utilize technology as a means by which to get information across. My group, for instance is making analytical podcasts of Dickinson poems. We have to do ten analyses of Emily Dickinson poems, a task that would become tedious if just typed out. Through the use of technology we will effectively lighten our total workload AND make the analyses into a somewhat more accessible form for the visitors to our site.

So far, my group has been pretty awesome. We are all getting along quite well in splitting up the work. Plus, we are allowing ourselves to have fun with this project while still taking it seriously. I think that our end result will be quite awesome. Don't hold me to that, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment