Thursday, November 12, 2009

An Ideal United States

I don't like history just because everything that has ever happened has been caused by disagreements. One quote from, I forget, maybe Thomas Jefferson, says something along the lines of, "Every 100 years or so, a revolution is a good thing for a country." I don't agree with this statement at all. I honestly wish that people could just agree on everything. There would be no wars. There would be no corruptness. When learning about some of our founding fathers, I'm not proud of this country's beginnings. A lot of the leaders in our young country were back-stabbing and corrupt individuals. Alexander Hamilton, although seen as an economical genius of his time, often went against the best interest of the country for his own fulfillment. A world without these such people would be a great thing. However, some may argue that these traits may have been what pushed some of these successful people to reach their full potential. I don't really think that this is the case. People who want to fight for the good of all would be much more helpful to the country than people looking to do well for themselves. Also, these people's names would go down in history much better than they would had they been kniving and against the good of the people. In fact, I wouldn't even be writing this blog if the world was truly ideal because these people would not be remembered as back-stabbers. Actually, the whole world would probably be united if everyone would have agreed on everything since the dawn of man. Or maybe this speculation is false. Maybe everything would be completely different now. Maybe we would still be unintelligent beings without disputes. I don't know. Let's leave that to the writers in Hollywood. They can speculate all they want.

Either way, I'm not proud of the way that some of our founding fathers acted. But hey, I guess it all worked out in the end. I don't want to debate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment