Monday, November 16, 2009

Realistic Dreams

I don't have dreams very often, but when I do they are incredibly realistic. Actually, just this past Friday I had a very hyper-real dream. It was ridiculous in that it's not something that would never happen, yet it seemed very real. Someone that I know who plays the trumpet was playing piano expertly in this dream. The piano, however, did not only have keys side to side, but also front to back. This all sounds really odd now that I actually think of it. It was so realistic though! The dream ended with a song on the piano. I then woke up and my phone was ringing to the piano song. As it turned out, it was 6:50. Friday was one of the nights of the musical and I was supposed to be there at 6:30 for the 7:00 show. This goes back to my biggest fear blog, forgetfulness. I was just so tired when I got home that I pretty much just passed out. I only awoke because of the phone call I was getting to find out where I was from the other people in the pit. I ended up getting ready in about two minutes and getting to the show three songs in. I even missed one of my solos!

I think that, seeing as I don't have very many dreams, my few dreams are triggered by my subconcious fears while sleeping. I often wake up to some sort of music which ends up being my alarm. My alarm is usually going off about a half hour after I set it when I wanted to wake up. My dreams must know somehow that I am not waking up and they try to make me know that it's time. This usually just comes across as a dream that seems like I'm really awake.

When I was much younger I would sit around with my cousins on holidays and talk about the weirdest dreams that all of us had ever had. Dreams are really quite fascinating things, especially the very realistic variety. I wonder if I somehow ruined my ability to have normal dreams through this constant discussion of the subject...

No comments:

Post a Comment