Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Favorites!

I love this topic. I like so many things. This should be a breeze.

Favorite Band: The Decemberists.
THEY ARE SO GOOD. Okay, I got that out of the way. Now I'll tell you why. The Decemberists are a folk rock band from Portland Oregon consisting of Colin Meloy, lead singer, guitarist, and lyricist, Chris Funk, lead guitar, pedal steel, and just about any other random string instrument you can possibly think of, Jenny Conlee, accordion (yes, accordion), keyboard, and backing vocals, Nate Query, upright and electric bass, and John Moen, drums. All of these individuals are incredibly talented at what they do, but the music wouldn't be what it is without Colin Meloy's absolutely fantastic lyrics. He has a college degree in creative writing, and it really shows in their songs. His clever verses, catchy choruses, and dark themes evoke a general sense of awesomeness. Seriously, I feel awesome every time I listen to their music. Everything about the music is just incredibly smart and well thought out. Also, they know how to have FUN. They joke around, they play what they want, and it all works out so beautifully in the end. I honestly love it.
Close second: The Shins.

Favorite Class: Physics.
Physics is amazing. Everything just has to do with formulas and analytical thinking, a real favorite activity of mine. I also love dealing with numbers. Pre-Calculus is a great class, but I like physics every so slightly more only because it is similar math applied to realistic situations. Also, I have seen the math of physics at work (see "Working in Groups").
Close Second: Yeah, Pre-Calculus.

Favorite Food: Buffalo Wings.
And I don't mean the tame kind. I want HEAT. I love bold, spicy flavors. When these flavors are applied to a fatty, buttery, crispy, and juicy morsel, I'm good to go. Favorite place to get these treats? Westwoods lodge. Greatest wings ever. Enough said.
Close Second: Oh boy, that's a tough one... I'll have to say... ummmm... Steak. Good Steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment