Thursday, November 12, 2009

Vengeance

I don't really think that I'm a person who needs revenge. This is mainly due to that fact that people don't really do anything to mess with me in a serious sense. Talking about vengeance really just reminds me of a famous Bill Cosby comedy routine called "Revenge." It's one of the funniest routines that I have ever heard. In his routine he tells a story from his childhood about a kid named Jr. Barnes who hit him in the head with a "slush ball" in a snowball fight. That was the number one rule about snowball fights: NO SLUSH BALLS. After this event transpired, Cosby began plotting his revenge. It was a long plotting process. In his plan, he befriended Jr. Barnes and slowly gained his trust. For several months he waited. All the while he had been saving a perfectly formed snow ball in his freezer. July came around, and Cosby decided that it was the day that he would have his revenge, his birthday. He had Jr. Barnes on his porch, and he went in to get a soda. He looked in the freezer for his snow ball, but it was not there. Thus, he went out and spit on Jr. Barnes.

This story is just such a hilarious portrayal of vengeance. Vengeance isn't actually a laughing matter, though. And THAT is why it's so funny. Cosby takes matters that aren't traditionally funny and makes them incredibly hilarious. It truly is a real talent.

Even if anyone went out of their way to be mean or cruel to me, I would not feel the need to seek revenge against them. My of revenge would just be to not talk to them as often as I do other people. I would do this because they would obviously be someone who wouldn't want to talk to me. If they were nice to me, I could probably find it in my heart to forgive them. I like to think that I'm usually pretty nice to people until they aren't nice to me.

1 comment:

  1. Haha nice Cosby story, and yes i cant really see you as a revengful person blake.

    ReplyDelete