Thursday, November 12, 2009

Peaceful Protest

I don't really like going against authority, but I haven't really ever found any of my elders to be oppressive in any way. Maybe if I was really being downtrodden I would protest my governing officials, but this would be in a very peaceful way. I really don't turn to violence for anything in my life. Mainly because I'm just afraid to hit anyone. I might hurt my hand or something. Or them. I don't know. If weapons were involved I would be exponentially more afraid than just hitting them. I could do a sit-in though. All you do is just sit there. It's really not that hard, but it is quite effective. Some of the greatest peacemakers of all time, such as Gandhi, used the sit-in technique. If Gandhi found it to be effective, it must be a really effective device for making peace.

I really haven't ever had a situation in which I wanted to protest something vehemently. I have been opposed to things, but not things that need to be protested. Like, for instance the Twilight book series. I really don't like it. In fact, I tried to read it, but it just made me really angry after one page. Another thing is Lady Gaga. Everyone seems to love Lady Gaga. I can't stand her. Everyone thinks that she's so talented and different, but I don't think that different is always a good thing. She doesn't have good songs, her lyrics are really dumb, and she can't sing live. That's a trifecta of music evil in my book. I guess if you wanna dance she's good, but I don't dance, I can't dance, I won't dance, I haven't danced.

Those two things are things that I really hate, but I can't really protest them. People just like them, and I can't take that away from them. I don't really WANT to take that from them either. They can do whatever they want, but I'll still be opposed to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment